Friday, August 15, 2014

Bari-luys

Every time I travel to different countries, I try my best to learn basic greetings such as "Good morning", "Good day" or words of appreciation such as "Thank you." The Armenian language (or hayeren) is an Indo-European language spoken by the Armenians and the official language spoken in the country. Armenian though has its own unique script, which is the Armenian alphabet. In one of the local shops, I even bought a book containing basic Armenian alphabet which someday I hope Syene and Scarloe will have an interest on :).

So here it goes, I was able to say this during breakfast time and got smiles from the locals - "bari luys"....wagi! hehe


After a good night sleep (and still very much worried because my main luggage HAS NOT ARRIVED yet [thinking it got lost from all of my transits] - another post in the future on lessons learned in traveling), I was greeted by these good summer weather site outside. See the beauty now of those surrounding buildings? Ganda, ganda!!!

The dancing fountain show is just across our hotel



no traffic all day!

This is where we had our dinner and drinks the previous night
locals have the summer look and ambiance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment